Saturday, August 22, 2009

Yesterday's workout

I feel like I'm doing a good job of moving more and being a more active parent this week. Yesterday I got quite a workout from playing at playgrounds yesterday. I did the swing and seesaw circuit. My arms are still sore from pushing the kids on the swing for half an hour. lol...I know it sounds pitiful, but you try pushing two kids on swings for that long, all the while hearing, "higher, higher! I want to touch the sky!" You push one with the right hand, take two steps to the left, push the other with your left hand, take two steps to the right, push the other with the right.....and on and on...for approximately....forever. Then take a kid who weighs about 10 times less than you, put them on one side of a seesaw and you take the other. Now remember, she gets scared if she bounces too much, so you have to go slow and easy. Now squat, up, squat, up....for another eternity. lol...I was amazed I was able to walk after that! We had a great time though and I fit in some more exercise! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Who needs a gym membership when you have kids??? I know the pain and gain of playground fun - sounds like you are doing terrific!!

    ReplyDelete