Monday, August 31, 2009

HFCS and other ramblings.

I have been amazed at how many things have HFCS!! I was looking for bread for sandwiches in the grocery store and it was unbelievable! I make my own bread a lot and I know what ingredients are necessary. It's crazy how many other things are in store-bought bread. I'm going to get back on top of things and make more of our own. The extra bonus to that is the yummy smell that fills the house. mmmmmm!

Other things I've been working on:

I've been checking out the different stores in town, looking for ones that offer local produce as well as grass-fed, all-natural meats. I fell in love with Sprouts Farmers Market today...it's not often you find a real honest-to-goodness butcher around here. We tried some of their sweet Italian sausage for dinner and it was a HUGE hit. (And my husband is very picky where Italian sausage is concerned!) We're definitely going to be heading back there.

I've also been working on how we reduce/reuse/recycle. I am switching from a 95 gallon trash can to 65 gallon one. I've ordered a 95 gallon recycle can. (Available free of charge from the carrier.) I'm determined to both recycle more and take in less. Over the weekend I called and asked to be removed from all of the catalogs we've been getting. I plan to do this on a weekly basis, just to stay on top of it. This will serve two purposes. The environment will be better off and I'll want/spend less by not seeing what all there is to buy.

I feel like I'm making a lot of good changes right now and hope to stay on track!!

No comments:

Post a Comment